Downtown Fremont Inc. will be hosting the Croghan Colonial Bank Farmers Market and Triple J Towing Things that GO Event on Front Street on August 15, 2020 from 9am to 1pm. Attendance to the market will be free to the public. Event goes on Rain or Shine.
Things that GO Event is the opportunity for young and old to get up close and personal with all of their favorite things that GO. This event will feature bikes, street sweeper, tow truck, boat, excavator, tractor and many more. Come down to Downtown Fremont for great photo opportunities along with the chance to see these big machines.
While at the market, please stop by the Downtown Fremont Inc. tent at the Front and Garrison intersection to pick up your Things that GO Scavenger Hunt. Take your Scavenger Hunt sheet around and visit all the Things that GO to win 100 Downtown Fremont Dollars.
Front Street will be closed 6am until 2pm from Croghan Street to Ewing Street for this event. Covid-19 guidelines will be followed with social distancing. Masks are required to be worn by all at the market.
Vendor Map for Saturday, August 1, 2020 Croghan Colonial Bank Farmers Market and Fremont City Schools, GLCAP & The City of Fremont All Together Fremont Event from 9-1! Our market is on Front Street from Croghan Street and extends to Ewing Street in front of Paramount Cinema due to Covid-19 guidelines. Passports for the Tour of the World can be picked up at the Downtown Fremont Inc. tent in the Front and Garrison intersection. Visit the 12 exhibits throughout the market to see artifacts and learn more about the different countries that make up the Fremont Community. At each country, you will receive a sticker and when the passport is completed, turn in to Downtown Fremont Inc. tent to be entered into a drawing for 100 Downtown Fremont Dollars. Come and see all we have to offer!
Tickets will be sold for the Chocolate Walk on Saturday, August 1 at the Farmers Market. Each ticket allows a person 21 years and older to visit businesses in Downtown Fremont to shop and receive a chocolate item. This is fundraiser for Downtown Fremont Inc. and the Relay for Life of Sandusky County.
Downtown Fremont to host Farmers Market & All Together Fremont Event Celebrating Cultural Diversity & Inclusion in our Community
Downtown Fremont Inc. will be hosting the Croghan Colonial Bank Farmers Market and Fremont City School, City of Fremont and Great Lakes Community Partnership All Together Fremont Event on Front Street on August 1, 2020 from 9am to 1pm. Attendance to the market will be free to the public.
During the event, there will be Tour of the World exhibits throughout the market featuring artifacts and cultural items of different countries that visitors can look at to enhance their knowledge of different cultures. Spectators are encouraged to pick up a passport at the Downtown Fremont Inc. tent at the Front & Garrison Street intersection. Each passport is an opportunity to visit each Tour of the World country and when visiting each exhibit and learning about the country, each spectator will receive a sticker/stamp for the passport. After the completion of the passport, it should be turned in to the Downtown Fremont Inc. tent to be entered in to a drawing to win 100 Downtown Fremont Dollars.
This event is a partnership with many organizations and businesses within Fremont. Please come down to the market and enjoy what Fremont has to offer. Think Fremont!
Vendor Map for Saturday, July 18th Croghan Colonial Bank Farmers Market & Crown Battery Upcycle, Repurpose & Reuse Event from 9-1! Our market is on Front Street AND in the Brady Parking Lot due to Covid-19 guidelines. We will be featuring vendors for the Upcycle, Repurpose & Reuse which will be in the Brady Parking Lot. Come and see all we have to offer!
Downtown Fremont to host 4th of July Car Show & 2nd Farmers Market and Upcycle, Repurpose, & Reuse Event
Downtown Fremont will be hosting its second of three Fremont Federal Credit Union Car Shows for the season on Saturday, July 4th, 2020, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. on the streets of downtown. Croghan Colonial Bank Farmers Market and Crown Battery Upcycle, Repurpose & Reuse Event on Saturday, July 18th, 2020, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Attendance to both events and registration for the car show are free and also both are rain or shine affairs.
Pre-registration to the Car Show is highly recommended by calling 419-332-8696 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Day of check-in for Car Show contestants will be on the day of the event on Front Street in Downtown Fremont as you enter from State Street. Judging will occur at 6:30 p.m. with trophies awarded shortly thereafter. Dash plaques and goodie bags will be given to the first 100 participants to check in and there will also be a 50/50 raffle plus door prizes. Food truck and special vendors will be a part of the car show also.
During the Farmers Market, there will be vendors throughout the market demonstrating and selling merchandise that has been created from others trash to make unique treasures for others to have. As always, Farmers and vendors will be selling produce and unique items plus many food vendors. Covid-19 guidelines are being followed to ensure the safety of all in attendance.
Between 3 p.m. and 9 p.m. on Saturday, July 4th and 6 a.m. until 3 p.m. on Saturday, July 20th, there will be NO PARKING on Front Street between Croghan Street and Birchard Avenue in Downtown Fremont due to the Car Show and Farmers Market. From Friday, July 17 at 11pm to Saturday, July 18th at 2pm, there will be no parking in the Brady Lot for the extension of the Farmers Market.
Downtown Fremont Inc. also has many more free events planned in the upcoming months, so stay tuned and follow us on social media.
- The map below will help with placement which begins at 7:00am and all vendors should be setup and ready by 8:30am.
- Covid-19 Guidelines are below that are to be followed by ALL to insure the health and safety of all attending.
- Car Show participants will be coming in from the EAST or WEST on Birchard Avenue which is highlighted on the map with parking on Front Street between Birchard and Hayes plus various lots.
- Market setup will be 6ft a part on Front Street and will be in the Brady Lot also. Please following the arrows of going to the RIGHT for the flow of traffic. Check out the vendor line-up map!
If interested please contact the businesses directly.
- Vendors will set tents and tables up 6ft apart
- Use of cotton table cloths are not permitted…plastic table clothes that can be cleaned are permitted
- Masks are required for vendors
- Ready-to-eat foods must be prepared and pre-packaged prior to the market
- Encourage vendors to sanitize space and clean hands after every money transaction
- The market welcomes vendors to take pre-orders, so the market will do any free marketing or promotion
- Need to create barrier with tables on 3 sides of tent (No customers walking in the tents)
- Vendors handle all merchandise
- No sampling of any food is permitted
- Cooked food on site must be in to-go containers
- No open condiments are to be put out for customers…needs to be vendor applied or pre-packaged
- Encourage someone else to come to the market to shop for you if you do not feel healthy or comfortable attending
- Chalk will be used to demonstrate suggested physical distancing among customers
- Customers will not be required to wear masks/gloves
- Sanitation stations located throughout the market…Clean hands frequently
- Customers will be able to enter and exit at their convenience
- Customers will not be allowed to touch items displayed on vendors tables…Look with your eyes not with your hands
- Allow the vendor to handle any purchases until the transaction is complete
- Suggested traffic flow of going to your RIGHT when you enter the market at any location
- Maintain 6ft distances in lines for vendors, concessions and restrooms
What Downtown Fremont Inc. is doing?
- Require vendors to set-up at least 6ft apart
- Provide hand sanitation stations throughout the market
- Suggest traffic flow to go same way throughout market going to the RIGHT wherever you enter the market at
- Promote pre-sales of vendors
- Vendors/volunteers will wear masks
- Provide signage throughout market and to the vendors
- Chalk 6ft lines throughout the market for social distancing
- No shopping carts at this time
- No picnic tables for seating because it is a Take & Go Event